[FRPythoneers] SendGrid is hiring in Denver! Software Engineer - Delivery

Nick Gasparro nick at code-talent.com
Wed Apr 30 09:10:43 MDT 2014

Hello!

We have an opening on our Deliver & Compliance team for a Software
Engineer.  We are looking someone with a strong programming background in
Python, Java or C.  We definitely need someone with strong OOP, and a
desire to learn and work with emerging technologies.  The job description
is below, please send a resume to:nick.gasparro at sendgrid.com if you are
interested.

SendGrid is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with
a wide range of technical skills and expertise who are interested in
solving large-scale development problems, like how to deliver billions of
transactional emails per month in a secure and scalable way.

Although we do send 1% of the world’s non-spam email, SendGrid is much more
than an email company, and our mission has much greater scope. To handle
transactional messaging at-scale requires expertise from nearly every area
of computer science.

As a Software Engineer on SendGrid’s Delivery team, you will use SendGrid's
wealth of data to send email better. You will write code and integrate
advanced algorithms into SendGrid's email infrastructure, to detect and
curtail abuse of the product.

*What you'll do*

·        Work directly with our Delivery team to integrate custom
algorithms into SendGrid's email infrastructure

·        Contribute ideas to improve our service and software

·        Receive continued professional growth through developer
conferences and technical training

*About you*

·        BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or
related technical discipline

·        Extensive programming experience in Java, Python or C (strong OO
skills preferred)

·        Strong working knowledge of Linux operating systems

·        A solid foundation in Computer Science, with strong competencies
in data structures, algorithms, software design and architecture

·        The ability to contribute clean, efficient code and conduct
ongoing code reviews

·        Able to write comprehensive unit tests in parallel with feature
development

·        GoLang knowledge a plus

·        A desire to learn Big Data technologies (Cassandra, Hadoop,
Hortonworks, etc.) required; previous experience working with Big Data
technologies a plus

·        Machine learning experience a plus

[image: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/images/cleardot.gif]

*Nick Gasparro <http://about.me/jawshndrsn>*

Talent Acquisition  | SendGrid

nick.gasparro at sendgrid.com

o: 303-625-7066
Denver, CO
1451 Larimer Street, 2rd Floor
Denver, CO 80202 USA

@sendgridjobs <http://twitter.com/sendgridjobs>

[image:
https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/zOo24fSUkJGwWpf_3pDS4NbljBflvOSLFY8ATJ8NtCvM49KWFQrZkP3CNLru5LpR5fWzEaSW4yXp6fU=s0-d-e1-ft#http://static.sendgrid.com/mkt/v6.jpg]<http://sendgrid.com/careers.html>