[FRPythoneers] Python and Python-ish jobs @ Catalyst

bek bekiefer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 15:42:10 MDT 2013

We are an ediscovery software platform.  We're based in Denver, but have offices in New York, Tokyo, and other places in the US.  Our core platform hosts around 500 million documents and is used by a number of companies to manage their litigation.

Our platform is mostly a three tier architecture.  The data layer is an XML database interfaced with XQuery and XSLT.  I'm looking to hire a developer to join the data API team.  It's much harder than it should be to find XQuery skills, so I'm willing to take on people that are really great with unit testing in Python.  All of our testing of the API is done via Python.  If you really know your stuff and are willing to take on learning functional languages like XQuery and XSLT, this could be the right job for you.  Besides the XML database, we work with lots of other technologies like Redis, Rabbit MQ, Elastic Search, and Neo4J.  If you are interested, use the subject line "XQuery + Python" and that will help me keep track of you.

Our second job is in a different group.  This group  builds loosely coupled utilities to help with various normalization tasks.  For some simple examples, we may need to remove blank pages from a PDF, or split a TIFF apart, or do language/encoding detection.  Some of these utilities are written in Python.  Some are hybrids with bash shell and some PHP to knit things together.   We're looking for people to join this development group.  You need to be good with consuming and building web services either through REST or things that look like REST.  Many of these utilities are wrappers for libraries or other command lines.  We are looking at a messaging service to help with integration.  Besides web services, you should know SQL. We use MySQL when appropriate and also MS SQL.  XML skills are quite valuable in this job.  If you are interested, use the subject line "Inbound + Python" and that will help me keep track of you.

Finally, I'm looking for a senior software tester.  Our testing team does many things in Selenium and soapUI.  We need to expand our software tests beyond the UI to the other services and utilities we write.  This could tie to Python if that is your tool of choice.  If you are interested, use the subject line "Testing + Python" and that will help me keep track of you.

If you are interested, reply directly at bekiefer at gmail.com

You can find out about the company at http://www.catalystsecure.com

Thanks