[FRPythoneers] Fabric

Peter Lyons pete at peterlyons.com
Mon Jul 9 12:39:30 MDT 2012

Interesting. I've used a bunch of ops automation tools, plus spending about
6 years building them. Basically I also shy away from chef/puppet mostly
because I have a fairly strong distaste for ruby, but I also don't
want/need a full DB infrastructure and daemon running on every box.

So if I can use fabric to build a python based tool that reads server
configs from files stored in basic git repos and fabric deals with
coordinating the remote execution stuff, that seems pretty nice to me given
that I'm usually managing very small infrastructures. I do wish the command
line argument paradigm was more like normal shell CLI programs and less
modeled on python method arguments, though.

Pete