[FRPythoneers] Telecommute python positions

Paul Hummer paul at eventuallyanyway.com
Sun Sep 4 17:02:40 MDT 2011

On 8/15/11 2:12 PM, David J W wrote:
> Hello,
>     Anyone know of any available telecommute Python specific
> developers positions out there?   Full-time/part-time or project based
> is fine, I've just made it one of my annual goals not to work with
> Java or PHP anymore.

Canonical (the folks who distribute Ubuntu) is regularly looking for
python folks, and I'd say at least 90% of us telecommute (including a
handful that are subscribed to this list).  There is some travel
required for sprints, and that travel depends on the team (I usually
have travel 5-6 times a year, but once you get into the 100K miles club
for a few airlines, it's not as much of a pain).

https://tbe.taleo.net/NA3/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=CANONICAL&cws=1&act=sort&sortColumn=2&sortColumn=0

If you apply for one of these, drop me a line and I'll see if I can't
help in the process.

Cheers,
Paul