[FRPythoneers] Talkin bout twisted

Duncan McGreggor duncan.mcgreggor at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 11:04:44 MDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 7:46 AM, Chris Perkins <chris at percious.com> wrote:
> I think Duncan McGregor works for canonical and might have some
> interesting topics to express.

I *used* to work for Canonical :-) (see the latest post here:
http://oubiwann.blogspot.com/2011/10/two-months-at-bluelibris.html)

But yes, we used Twisted extensively at Canonical. Jim Baker may have
even been doing some interesting things with it in the server team,
and I think he's still on this list.

Landscape, Canonical's proprietary deployment management system was
originally written in Zope 3 (and still uses it), but when we started
doing cloud work, we refactored to use Twisted and a RabbitMQ-based
comet solution. As you can imagine, it was quite a complicated (but
enormously effective) architecture.