[FRPythoneers] PyUnCon?

Casey Duncan casey at pandora.com
Thu Sep 16 09:36:21 MDT 2010

On Sep 16, 2010, at 9:17 AM, Chris Perkins wrote:

> Heck yeah! More code less talk. (Or at least less talk focussed around
> one speaker and more talk in small groups. ;-))
>
> I agree with this sentiment whole-heartedly.  Can we do more informal presentation and less eyes-forward this time?  I also like the law of two feet, if something doesn't interest you, no one should be offended if you move off to a different conversation.

Totally agree. BTW, does anyone have a copy of powerpoint I can borrow? ;^)

Maybe we could have some time before the sprints for folks to show off a project or something they are interested in sprinting on. That way folks could drum up interest or at least expose others to interesting possible projects. I guess the rules would be only that the project had publicly hosted open-source code in some vcs that folks could grab.

OTOH, we could all just gather in a room or two and start coding and make it more of a free-for-all. Folks could do quick impromptu "pitches" or what-have-you for their favorite pet projects to sprint on.

-Casey