[FRPythoneers] Python/geographic programmers meetup CU Denver Nov 18

Sean Gillies sean.gillies at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 09:28:35 MDT 2010

Hi all,

There's a GIS industry event in Denver the 19-20 November and I'm
helping organize an (unofficial) preliminary afternoon of informal
workshopping and coding. We've reserved a room at the Tivoli Student
Center from 8am-6pm and plan to go out for some food and drinks
afterward. There's a full announcement and more details at:

http://groups.google.com/group/frugos/browse_frm/thread/f8613ceb342ff4b3?hl=en#

Some of the topics we've talked about brainstorming and hacking on are:

* Geometric object simplification
* Distributed data processing for the web
* Deploying open source GIS libs using zc.buildout
* Web mapping frameworks (GeoDjango, Mapnik, etc)

I'm glad to see that this doesn't seem to conflict with the unconference.

--
Sean Gillies
Programmer