[FRPythoneers] ideas for Django, and #people

Degutan White degutan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 01:23:18 MDT 2010

From my notes last year, I counted 38 people (early in the day)

For a Django app, here are some ideas:

1) use Matplot.lib to plot a moving 3month window over a year for a selected Stock against an exponentially moving averge
-- be able to export a stacked .gif of 4 pictures that summarize the year

2)  for an entered url, count words, punctuation in the scraped url.   create profile of word frequency and ratio of punctuation.   (how do CNN and FOXNEWS differ in the word/punctuation profiles)

3) pull a county assessor's info for houses in an area and plot a heat map diagram of housing prices, or number of bedrooms, or rate of change in valuation.

I'm not attached to these ideas, just thought I'd offer up some things to do.

Cheers..