[FRPythoneers] are we still having an unconference?

Matt Hippely hippely at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 09:55:40 MDT 2010

Me as well on interested in meeting other beginners. I have been playing
with django and run through several of the tutorials but that is it so far -
nothing worthy of a domain name. I also use http://scrapy.org/ to pull
content for some tasks I do at work but only the shell and only one url at
at time so far.I am not fast enough at python to do what I want in bulk so I
still grab the content manually most of the time.(My job involves
consolidating websites - not harvesting email addresses or anything like
that. The company buys a smaller company and my work is to migrate the
content from the old website/cms to a centralized website).

FWIW - I work at a company that is on the .net platform and do mostly
html/css related stuff related to the content migration. Previously I spent
~4 years at a start-up doing LAMP stuff with php and mysql on CentOS/RedHat.
The business guys made a few bad decisions and we ran out of $$ in 2009.

 Besides an interest in python itself I am interested in meeting others who
like Python and are close to a beginner level or are interested in
mentoring/teaching.

Thanks,