[FRPythoneers] PyUncon!!!!

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Thu Nov 11 11:45:38 MST 2010

Chris:

That sounds interesting.

Other things I would like to see or to do:

1. tox! http://codespeak.net/tox/

I'd like to watch someone set up tox and, let's say, put CPython 2.7
and PyPy into it, and then have automated builds triggered by a
buildbot that run the tests of the project on both CPython and PyPy.
If nobody else is going to do that then I might try doing it myself.

2. foolscap! http://foolscap.lothar.com/trac

I'd like to show a demo of foolscap. It would start with the audience
choosing a batch-oriented task, like "count the number of occurrences
of the word 'snake' in this file" or something, and then show in five
minutes or less you can give anyone in the world a remote "button" (a
command-line tool they can invoke), where when they press that button,
that task gets run on your server.

So that is the command-line-oriented unixy way to use foolscap. I
could also show the Pythonic way to use it which is a remote object
protocol so that you have references to Python objects which actually
reside on the remote server and you can invoke methods on those remote
objects.

3. Tahoe-LAFS! http://tahoe-lafs.org

It is very cool and it is my favorite project that I love more than
anything. And it is written in Python (except for some CPU-intensive
bits which are in C/C++). But, I wouldn't want to talk about it, demo
it, or hack on it unless someone else told me they were interested.

4. PyPy! http://codespeak.net/pypy/dist/pypy/doc/

I'm not familiar enough with PyPy to lead, but I would be interested
in following.