[FRPythoneers] Looking to Hire

WDyk at nobleenergyinc.com WDyk at nobleenergyinc.com
Tue May 18 17:30:40 MDT 2010

I am an analyst at Noble Energy, Inc, an oil and gas exploration and
production company in downtown Denver.  Noble has significant reserves
here on the front range between Denver and the Wyoming border, as well as
throughout the world.  I am looking for somebody to backup and complement
the technical aspects of my job.  I work in the Production Volumes
Management group.  Our basic responsibility is allocating production and
sales measured at a gathering point back to the producing formations.
Aside from the mundane monthly processing that we have to do, there are
technical and analytical challenges we face every month that must be
solved to complete the processing, build the analytics and report.  On the
development side, there are numerous tools that I have built or have on my
plate to complete to support our functions.  Over the years, I have used
python as the primary language for development.  I am in the middle of
transitioning from Zope2 to TG2; tying together operations, accounting and
production databases at the application level.  Experience in the energy
industry is not required, but it is obviously beneficial.  On top of the
clear need for python experience, a working knowledge of numerical
mathematics is highly desired, as is a love of SQL.  I need somebody who
can transition from designing an ETL process, to running it "in
production," then to developing an end-user tool and possibly doing some
analytical work in between.

If anyone is interested in finding out more about this position, send me
an email or call and I'd love to talk.

Wes Dyk, Senior Production Systems Analyst
Noble Energy Production, Inc.
Direct Dial: (303)228-4206