[FRPythoneers] FRPythoneers Digest, Vol 69, Issue 2

Kevin Callahan kevin at mapmyfitness.com
Wed Jul 7 11:04:47 MDT 2010


Refresh Denver is trying to restart - programmers, designers, anybody web or web technology related.  I'll send out more details soon...

-k


On 7/7/10 11:01 AM, "frpythoneers-request at lists.community.tummy.com" <frpythoneers-request at lists.community.tummy.com> wrote:

Send FRPythoneers mailing list submissions to
        frpythoneers at lists.community.tummy.com

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        http://lists.community.tummy.com/mailman/listinfo/frpythoneers
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        frpythoneers-request at lists.community.tummy.com

You can reach the person managing the list at
        frpythoneers-owner at lists.community.tummy.com

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of FRPythoneers digest..."


Today's Topics:

   1. Meetup group death imminent (Casey Duncan)
   2. Re: Meetup group death imminent (Zooko O'Whielacronx)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 09:47:27 -0600
From: Casey Duncan <casey at pandora.com>
Subject: [FRPythoneers] Meetup group death imminent
To: Front Range Python Users -- General Discussion
        <frpythoneers at lists.community.tummy.com>
Message-ID: <D4F7BEEE-45B5-48BC-B336-38E7F4F43148 at pandora.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"

Anyone interested in keeping the meetup group alive? I'm afraid my schedule doesn't afford me time to do it. I'd hate to see it die, there certainly seems to be plenty of potential interest.

-Casey

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Meetup <info at meetup.com>
> Date: June 30, 2010 10:22:09 AM MDT
> To: casey at pandora.com
> Subject: Important Message about Front Range Pythoneers
> Reply-To: support at meetup.com
>
>
> Your Meetup Group will shut down in 2 Weeks!
> Members of Front Range Pythoneers,
>
> Your Organizer, Matt Boersma, just stepped down without nominating a replacement.
>
> Without an Organizer, Front Range Pythoneers will shut down on July 15, 2010.
>
> Step up to become this Meetup Group's Organizer and you can guide its future direction, schedule Meetups, change its site's colors ? you can make it whatever you and your members want!
>
> Other members can help you. Ask them for ideas or even nominate a few to help as Assistant Organizers.
>
> KEEP THIS GROUP GOING
> Got questions? We're here to help! Call us at 1-877-633-8870 10am-5pm (Eastern Time) or send us an email atsupport at meetup.com
>
> Viva la community!
> The Team at Meetup HQ
>
> Front Range Pythoneers
>
> Members:
> 171 Pythoneers
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> and 163 more
> Founded: February 27, 2007
>
> Meetups held so far: 46
>
> Rating:
>
> "This is an active group with top noth members of the python community who often provide interesting topics for discussion, presentation, and rhetoric."
> ?percious
>
> "A very friendly group!"
> ?Peter Schow
>
> Add info at meetup.com to your address book to receive all Meetup emails
> To manage your email settings, click here
> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668
> Meetup HQ in NYC is hiring! http://www.meetup.com/jobs/

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.community.tummy.com/pipermail/frpythoneers/attachments/20100707/3b57f778/attachment-0001.htm

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 11:01:45 -0600
From: "Zooko O'Whielacronx" <zooko at zooko.com>
Subject: Re: [FRPythoneers] Meetup group death imminent
To: Front Range Python Users -- General Discussion
        <frpythoneers at lists.community.tummy.com>
Message-ID:
        <AANLkTikWEh0-7aPuWiqhbAw9SXp6rY6cUrbln2-mVa2F at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

I'm interested in attending, at some point in the future, probably, but I
can't actually commit to usually being there and to organizing and stuff.

By the way, I *am* organizing a Boulder Hackerspace where people can set up
their home electronics, home manufacturing, home biology experiments, art
projects, etc., and I am going to be attending the new Frontier Software Dev
Meetup thingie, and I might also at some point try to organize a
NoSQL/distributed systems/p2p/filesystems/big data meetup.

Regards,

Zooko

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Casey Duncan <casey at pandora.com> wrote:

> Anyone interested in keeping the meetup group alive? I'm afraid my schedule
> doesn't afford me time to do it. I'd hate to see it die, there certainly
> seems to be plenty of potential interest.
>
> -Casey
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From: *Meetup <info at meetup.com>
> *Date: *June 30, 2010 10:22:09 AM MDT
> *To: *casey at pandora.com
> *Subject: **Important Message about Front Range Pythoneers*
> *Reply-To: *support at meetup.com
>
> Your Meetup Group will shut down in 2 Weeks!
>
> *Members of Front Range Pythoneers <http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/>,*
>
> Your Organizer, Matt Boersma, just stepped down without nominating a
> replacement.
>
> Without an Organizer, Front Range Pythoneers<http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/>
>  will shut down on July 15, 2010.
>
> *Step up to become this Meetup Group's Organizer* and you can guide its
> future direction, schedule Meetups, change its site's colors ? you can make
> it whatever you and your members want!
>
> Other members can help you. Ask them for ideas or even nominate a few to
> help as Assistant Organizers.
> KEEP THIS GROUP GOING<http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/handover/?ic=en2&op=c>
>
> Got questions? We're here to help! Call us at *1-877-633-8870* 10am-5pm
> (Eastern Time) or send us an email atsupport at meetup.com
>
> Viva la community!
> The Team at Meetup HQ
> Front Range Pythoneers
>
> *Members:*
> 171 Pythoneers
> <http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/handover/?ic=en2&op=c>
> <http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/handover/?ic=en2&op=c>
> <http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/handover/?ic=en2&op=c>
> <http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/handover/?ic=en2&op=c>
> <http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/handover/?ic=en2&op=c>
> <http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/handover/?ic=en2&op=c>
> <http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/handover/?ic=en2&op=c>
> <http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/handover/?ic=en2&op=c>
> <http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/handover/?ic=en2&op=c>
> <http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/handover/?ic=en2&op=c>
> <http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/handover/?ic=en2&op=c>
> <http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/handover/?ic=en2&op=c>
> <http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/handover/?ic=en2&op=c>
> <http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/handover/?ic=en2&op=c>
> <http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/handover/?ic=en2&op=c>
> <http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/handover/?ic=en2&op=c>and 163 more<http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/handover/?ic=en2&op=c>
>
> *Founded:* February 27, 2007
>
> *Meetups held so far:* 46
>
> *Rating:* [image: 4]
>
> "This is an active group with top noth members of the python community who
> often provide interesting topics for discussion, presentation, and
> rhetoric."
> *?percious*
>
> "A very friendly group!"
> *?Peter Schow*
> Add *info at meetup.com* to your address book to receive all Meetup emails
> To manage your email settings, click here<http://www.meetup.com/account/comm/>
> Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668
> *Meetup HQ in NYC is hiring!* http://www.meetup.com/jobs/
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> This message sent by the FRPythoneers mailing list.
> Unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe |
> FRPythoneers-request at lists.community.tummy.com
> URL: http://lists.community.tummy.com/mailman/listinfo/frpythoneers
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.community.tummy.com/pipermail/frpythoneers/attachments/20100707/fe3c0c72/attachment.htm

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
This is the digest of the FRPythoneers mailing list.
Unsubscribe: echo unsubscribe | FRPythoneers-request at lists.community.tummy.com
URL: http://lists.community.tummy.com/mailman/listinfo/frpythoneers

End of FRPythoneers Digest, Vol 69, Issue 2
*******************************************

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.community.tummy.com/pipermail/frpythoneers/attachments/20100707/f8bdbae9/attachment.html>


More information about the FRPythoneers mailing list