[FRPythoneers] Python/Django Developer at MapMyFitness (Denver, CO)

Kevin Callahan kevin at mapmyfitness.com
Thu Jul 1 09:12:44 MDT 2010

Date: 2010-07-01,  6:53AM MDT

We are a downtown Denver-based early stage company and we're looking for an
experienced full-time Python developer to join our technical team. This is a
full-time employee position based in Denver, CO, reporting to the VP of
Engineering.

The role would be ideal for someone with a Computer Science or Engineering
background, who shares our belief that the web is a vast and wonderful
playground. It would be perfect if you are a Python expert and have worked
extensively in one of the many frameworks like Django. You¹ll play a vital
part in turning creative ideas into beautifully coded implementations that
can handle high traffic volumes across the social and mobile spectrum. Sound
like you?

We¹re after someone who isn¹t deterred by a challenge and can show evidence
of their long-term interest in web technologies - for example, through
involvement in Open Source projects. You'll be involved in projects
throughout their life-cycle, from early creative ideas through budgeting,
technical planning, and coding. We are building our Python implementation
from scratch so you'll get your ideas implemented on the ground floor!
You'll also get to work alongside some extremely talented and inspiring
people, if we do say so ourselves.

So what do we expect you to know?

Required

 * Knowledge of HTML, CSS + sophisticated Javascript using jQuery or similar

 * Extensive server-side development experience and expertise
(Python/Django, PHP, Java or Ruby)

 * MVC web framework experience

 * Practical knowledge of OOP and design patterns

 * Experience working with version control systems (Subversion, Git,
Mercurial or similar)

 * Interest in "programming the web" and web services

 * Knowledge of algorithms and data structures

 * Familiarity with testing frameworks (primarily unit and load testing)

Include a resume and references to some of your work. If you have a blog
that's often a useful reference too.

PS: if you're a recruiter please don¹t contact us at this time. If you are a
3rd party company pitching services, you will not be responded to.

* Location: Denver, CO
* Compensation: commensurate with experience
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or
commercial interests.

PostingID: 1820414830