[FRPythoneers] Non-web python contract work?

David Morris lists at morris-clan.net
Fri Jan 29 15:28:11 MST 2010

I work as a software engineer contractor, targeting C, C++, and Python
on UNIX/Linux/Embedded platforms.  I would like to focus more on
Python is at is my preferred language for my own projects, but I have
no real interest in web development.  This makes hunting for contracts
a lot more difficult as simply searching for "Python" brings up mostly
web development positions and system administration positions (which I
also am not interested in).

Anyone have suggestions for industries or companies to target which
use Python for regular applications?

Thanks,

--David