[FRPythoneers] MapMyFitness seeking Python Developer in Denver, CO (ASAP)

Kevin Callahan kevin at mapmyfitness.com
Mon Jan 18 08:22:34 MST 2010

Python Developer Needed ASAP in Denver, CO

MapMyFitness, Inc is looking for a python developer to help us with a project
immediately. You may know of MapMyFitness through our two more popular sites:
MapMyRun.com <http://www.mapmyrun.com>  and MapMyRide.com <http://www.mapmyride.com> .

We are one of the top fitness destinations on the web and are a 3 year old company
(site has been online for around 5 years)

MapMyFitness is a downtown Denver-based early stage company and we're looking
for an experienced full-time web developer to join our technical team. This is a
full-time position (contract-to-hire) based in Denver, CO and you'll be working
with our team right downtown (we're located right next to Market St Bus Station
so perfect for the Park'n'Ride)

The role would be ideal for someone with a Computer Science or Engineering
background, who happens to share our misguided belief that the web is a vast and
wonderful playground. It would be perfect if you are a Python Ninja and have
worked extensively in one of the many frameworks like Django. You'll play a
vital part in turning creative ideas into beautifully coded implementations that
can handle high traffic volumes across the social and mobile spectrum. Sound
like you? Then read on.

We're after someone who isn't deterred by a challenge and can show evidence of
their long-term interest in web technologies - for example, through involvement
in Open Source projects. You'll be involved in projects throughout their
life-cycle, from early creative ideas through budgeting, technical planning and
coding. We are building our python implementation from scratch so you'll get
your ideas implemented on the ground floor! You'll also get to work alongside
some extremely talented and inspiring people, if we do say so ourselves.

So what do we expect you to know?

Required * Knowledge of HTML, CSS + sophisticated Javascript using jQuery or
similar * Extensive server-side development experience and expertise
(Python/Django, PHP, Java or Ruby) * MVC web framework experience * Practical
knowledge of OOP and design patterns * Experience of working with version
control systems (Subversion, Mercurial or similar) * Interest in 'programming
the web' and web services * Knowledge of algorithms and data structures *
Familiarity with testing frameworks (primarily unit and load testing)

Include a Resume and references to some of your work. If you have some killer
python snippets, include that as well to give us sense of your coding style. If
you have a blog that's often a useful reference too.

PS: if you're a recruiter please don't contact us at this time. If you are a 3rd
party company pitching services, you will not be responded to.