[FRPythoneers] Python Web Developer Needed

Kevin Callahan kevin at mapmyfitness.com
Tue Dec 22 08:34:24 MST 2009

We are a downtown Denver-based early stage company and we're looking for an experienced full-time python developer to join our technical team. This is a full-time position (contract-to-hire) based in Denver, CO.

The role would be ideal for someone with a Computer Science or Engineering background, who happens to share our misguided belief that the web is a vast and wonderful playground. It would be perfect if you are a Python Ninja and have worked extensively in one of the many frameworks like Django. You'll play a vital part in turning creative ideas into beautifully coded implementations that can handle high traffic volumes across the social and mobile spectrum. Sound like you? Then read on.

We're after someone who isn't deterred by a challenge and can show evidence of their long-term interest in web technologies - for example, through involvement in Open Source projects. You'll be involved in projects throughout their life-cycle, from early creative ideas through budgeting, technical planning and coding. We are building our python implementation from scratch so you'll get your ideas implemented on the ground floor! You'll also get to work alongside some extremely talented and inspiring people, if we do say so ourselves.

So what do we expect you to know?

Required * Knowledge of HTML, CSS + sophisticated Javascript using jQuery or similar * Extensive server-side development experience and expertise (Python/Django, PHP, Java or Ruby) * MVC web framework experience * Practical knowledge of OOP and design patterns * Experience of working with version control systems (Subversion, Mercurial or similar) * Interest in 'programming the web' and web services * Knowledge of algorithms and data structures * Familiarity with testing frameworks (primarily unit and load testing)

Include a Resume and references to some of your work. If you have a blog that's often a useful reference too.

PS: if you're a recruiter please don't contact us at this time. If you are a 3rd party company pitching services, you will not be responded to.

 *   Location: Denver, CO
 *   Compensation: DOE
 *   This is a contract job.
 *   Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
 *   Please, no phone calls about this job!
 *   Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
 *