[FRPythoneers] Denver/Boulder Python unconference?

Jim Baker jbaker at zyasoft.com
Thu Aug 6 16:32:34 MDT 2009

Unconferences work really well, as I have found in attending in a few. So
having a Python Unconference in the Denver area sounds like a great idea!
We have over 100 people registered on our Front Range Pythoneers meetup site
(http://www.meetup.com/frpythoneers/), and I'm sure there are others who
would be interested too: we occasionally have seen people come from such
locales as Steamboat Springs, Colorado Springs, and Fort Collins to attend
the FRP meetups.

- Jim

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Evelyn Mitchell <efm at tummy.com> wrote:

> I'd be interested in helping out, and sponsoring.
>
> Evelyn Mitchell
> efm at tummy.com
>
> NICK VERBECK wrote:
> > A Python Unconference would be a great idea. Kind of help get everyone
> > together and share in a lot of the ideas and projects we all have
> > going on.
> >
> > I'd also be willing to help with participation and/or organization of the
> event.
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 2:46 PM, <greg at holling-co.com> wrote:
> >> Hi, Pythoneers.
> >>
> >> I've been thinking it might be a good idea to put together a metro area
> Python unconference.  I'm trying to figure out whether this is a good idea.
>  Is this something you'd be interested in participating in and/or helping
> organize?
> >>
> >> If you want to know more about unconferences, here are a few links:
> >> http://pln.lyrasis.org/wiki/index.php/Unconferences_and_library_camps
> >> http://plablog.org/2009/03/cil-2009-unconferences.html
> >> http://www.digital-web.com/articles/understanding_the_unconference/
> >> http://www.unconference.net/how-to-diy-unconference/
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >> - Greg
> >>

> --
> Regards,                    tummy.com, ltd
> Evelyn Mitchell             Linux Consulting since 1995
> efm at tummy.com               Senior System and Network Administrators
>                             http://www.tummy.com/

Jim Baker
jbaker at zyasoft.com