[FRPythoneers] Introduce myself and Plone Training

Dan Timmons dantimmon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 19:59:52 MDT 2008

Hi everyone,
I first wanted to introduce myself and see if there were any plone users
that are interested in getting some plone training in the area this coming
January(please see below with Joel Burton plonebootcamps.com coming out to
do some training)

I have been using Plone for about 1.5 years and we are using it on our
mcdb.colorado.edu at the CU Boulder where I work.  I have recently been
trying to learn more python.  The reason I am getting involved with the
python users group.  My only computing knowledge is from Molecular
Biology:-)  a short way of saying very little.  I am looking forward to
start attending the  monthly meetups and getting involved in the them.
Especially, the ones close to Boulder:-)  Also,  if there is anyone on CU
Boulder campus that wants to get together for a cup of coffee on campus
please feel free to contact me.

thanks
Dan

Dear Plone users group members,

I have some exciting news I would like to share with you.  We have the
opportunity to get Joel Burton to come out to Colorado the week of
January 7th 2009( 5 days).  Joel Burton  is
the reason I have come to known plone so well.  I attended one of his
Plone Bootcamps back in the Spring of 2007 in Seattle and received a
tremendous wealth of knowledge from his class.  If you want to truly
learn and understand Plone you should consider taking his class.
You can find more information about Joel's training camps  at
http://plonebootcamps.com/

This is a great opportunity to get trained right here in our
"backyard"  without expensive travel out of town.  I will be able to
get us a nice conference room at the University of Colorado Boulder
which is central to the frontrange.

Please pass this on to anyone that you know that might interested in
this. Libraries, companies organizations, customers and other python
user groups.

What I need to have in the immediate future  is a head count on how
many people are seriously interested in attending.  You can contact me
directly Dan.Timmons at colorado.edu is you are interested.  We need to
have a strong showing in order to make it worth Joel's  time to travel
here from San Francisco.   I know this may seem to be a long way off
but January is not the far away and need to plan the conference rooms,
transportation information etc.  Also,  if we can get enough local
interest to secure Joel coming out here he can make the announcement
by the Plone Conference in Washington D.C. and that will get other
people from other states here.  A perfect opportunity to find out
how other organizations are using plone.  Nice to see other people from
out of state.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

This is a message from Trey from the PUG.
I wanted to mention that I've taken Joel's bootcamp (in addition to other
multi-day trainings taught by Joel) and can enthusiastically recommend the
course. While I think that Plone has a great community of folks who are
quick to lend a hand with questions, one of the most painful parts of Plone
is figuring out how all the moving parts fit together -- which is precisely
what the bootcamp teaches.

Joel is the best trainer I've seen in any technology-related course, I
think. He's smart, very well-organized, and draws extensively on real-world
consulting experience. This course will immediately make you more productive
using Plone.

But don't take my word for it. Check out the testimonials here:
http://plonebootcamps.com/about/raves
Dan Timmons