[FRPythoneers] Meeting this Wednesday, Sept 17 in Denver

Jim Baker jbaker at zyasoft.com
Mon Sep 15 14:49:51 MDT 2008

We'd like to meet in Denver this Wednesday. And Chris Perkins is ready to
give us another great presentation on an interesting tool, this time on
Sphinx (http://sphinx.pocoo.org/, http://www.percious.com/blog/). In case
you don't know it, Sphinx enables taking content written in reStructuredText
and transforming it in books or websites. Python 2.6 is using it for its
docset (http://docs.python.org/dev/), and we plan to do the same for Jython.
I know this is true of other projects, and I'd think it's worthwhile for
even small projects too. Basically if you'd used Latex, FrameMaker, or your
own set of Word macros in the past, you might want to consider Sphinx.

But we need to find a good venue for us to meet. Does anyone have a space
they'd like to volunteer or a pub they'd suggest for us to meet in? This
would be a 6 PM as usual.

Thanks!

--
Jim Baker