[FRPythoneers] Empyreal: a mini-talk proposal for Wed Sep 10

Michael Kramlich groglogic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 16:19:39 MDT 2008

Hi guys,

Hey, if there's any interest, I'd be up for doing a very short demo/
mini-talk on a new Python project I'm developing, a strategy game
named Empyreal. I'll bring my laptop, fire up the code, walk people
through it and talk about the design and code choices made so far.
Squeeze it in just after or before the main presentation by Leo Soto
on Django/Jython, and say take 5-10 minutes? A small appetizer to
accompany the main dish. :)

Empyreal is an Empire-like game with a curses-based UI, written in
Python using vi on a Mac.

Empire is a great classic game of strategic warfare that's had many
incarnations over the last 20 years or so, including versions for
mainframes, Unix, early Windows PC's and even Mac's. Probably the best
or most famous versions were created by Mark Baldwin and Walter
Bright. (Bright is currently known as the creator of the D language, a
proposed successor to C/C++ that tries to remove some of the warts of
those languages while adding language features modern programmers
expect.)

More info:
http://www.classicempire.com/

thanks,