[FRPythoneers] Sept. 17th - Denver?

Jim Baker jbaker at zyasoft.com
Tue Sep 9 15:50:35 MDT 2008

We are in fact planning a south of Boulder event for next Wednesday. Denver
or Colorado Springs are certainly good options. The only variable is where,
since we don't have a regular venue. So let's decide that soon!

I for one am very excited to hear Chris talk about Sphinx on Sept 17.
Increasingly this is a tool that can be used to create all forms of
documentation, from online to books, using our favorite markup language,
reStructuredText. In particular, Python 2.6 is using Sphinx for its docset.

Our extra Sept 10 meeting is due to the fact that Leo Soto and the extACT
team of Dan Ring and Christina Xu will be in town. Leo will be delivering
the Django on Jython presentation we gave at DjangoCon, while Dan and
Christina will be talking about their project that uses GeoDjango, among
other tools, to empower communities with tools for making better decisions.

- Jim

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Casey Duncan <casey at pandora.com> wrote:

> On Sep 9, 2008, at 12:41 PM, Chris Perkins wrote:
>
>  I wanted to confirm that we are meeting next week in Denver or Boulder or
>> CO Springs.  I have nearly completed my presentation on the Sphinx
>> documentation system.  Do we have a sufficient meeting place?  I would
>> appreciate a place with a projector/large screen for my slides.  Is there
>> any interest in a meeting down at the springs?
>>

> According to the wiki there is a meeting tomorrow and a sprint on Saturday.
> I'm participating in pyweek this week and can't really make time for either
> of these, unfortunately. I'll be out of town next week, so that means I
> can't make the 17th either 8^(
>
> As for the springs, I'd certainly be interested in attending a meeting
> there.
>
> -Casey

Jim Baker
jbaker at zyasoft.com