[FRPythoneers] Jython Sprint - Saturday Sept 13

Jim Baker jbaker at zyasoft.com
Fri Sep 5 12:21:43 MDT 2008

We are planning a Jython sprint for Saturday Sept 13 in Boulder. This would
be a great chance to help Jython 2.5 become a reality this fall while
learning about the issues involved.

Here's what we need to do:

   - Work our backlog of Jython issues. Are they in fact bugs? Do they still
   apply against 2.5? Can we translate the described issue into a test case for
   the regression test (regrtest)? What would be best, unittest or doctest?
   - Apply static analysis tools like FindBugs against Jython. Log those
   problems. Help diagnose them. Write more unit tests!
   - Try out a favorite module or codebase against Jython. Ditto.
   - Anything else that seems relevant!

This is a coached sprint, with absolutely no prereqs before showing up on
Saturday. We will get you set up on the Jython codebase and introduce any
unit testing, continuous integration, and other tools. I will be available
locally as a domain expert, and others in Jython development will be
available online on IRC on #jython. In addition, Leo Soto, who is visiting
from Chile, will be participating. Brian Rosner and Matt Boersma also plan
to help coach.

The idea is to give a chance for everyone to participate in a Jython sprint
and thereby exploit the multple eyeballs effect.

Date/time: Sept 13, 2008 (Saturday), 9 AM - 5:30 PM. But show up when it
works for you.
Food/beverages: provided! Just show up, we will keep you going and as
caffeinated as you need to be.
Location: bivio Software, Inc. <http://www.bivio.biz/>, 28th and Iris. Above
Hair Elite in Suite S. Please note, there are in fact two hair salons in
this shopping complex. Google Maps
link<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2701+Iris+Ave.,+Boulder+CO&ie=UTF8&z=15&om=1&iwloc=A>
.

We'll post this on our Pythoneers meetup page too for RSVPs,
http://python.meetup.com/180/

- Jim

--
Jim Baker