[FRPythoneers] Code link

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Fri Jul 18 18:45:25 MDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 12:48:01PM -0600, Chris Perkins wrote:
> Also, here are the links to the screencasts I made for my presentation last
> month:
> http://www.showmedo.com/videos/video?name=2910000&fromSeriesID=291
>
> and the source for the presentation can be found at http://pythontutorials.googlecode.com

Ahh - virtualenv and pastescript are great!

Nice screencasts!  My only suggestion would be to put the video inset
higher so I can see the most recent full lines in the terminal.

But openoffice (Ubuntu hardy) won't show the quicktime videos in the
ppt presentation.  Are they different from what is on the screencast site?

I guess what actually seems most helpful at this point would be a list
of the commands you ran.  So here is a quick and maybe buggy one, to
give folks a feel for it.

easy_install virtualenv
 # (that was on a mac - on Ubuntu Hardy I needed "sudo easy_install virtualenv")
virtualenv --help
virtualenv demoenv --no-site-packages
cd demoenv
source bin/activate
easy_install pastescript
 # (this install worked fine since it puts pastescript only in my demoenv :)
paster help
mkdir src
cd src
paster create mypackage