[FRPythoneers] Re: Turbogears Sprint Jan 12/13

Jim Baker jbaker at zyasoft.com
Wed Jan 9 13:14:19 MST 2008

Chris,

We usually run our sprints from 9 AM to 5:30 PM, just to keep the time
focussed. It generally begins with some strategizing on what to do, but
people should feel free to show up when they can. After hours sprinting is
absolutely fine, but we generally switch venues outside of bivio at that
point.

We will have bagels (with smoked salmon!), juice, and coffee to start the
day for our sprinters.

- Jim

On Jan 9, 2008 11:10 AM, Christopher Perkins <chris at percious.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I just wanted to remind everyone of the sprint this weekend.  I am trying
> to schedule my time there.  I think the best thing for me to do is come
> Saturday morning and help with set-up and then take off before lunch.
> Sunday I will be there all day.  What time is everyone going to show up so
> I know what is a good time to get there on Saturday?
>
> Thanks,
> chris
>
> > Thanks to those of you who volunteered for the sprint.
> >
> > It might be a good idea to get your own personal development environment
> > set up before the actual sprints.  It is a little bit involved, but I
> can
> > help you if you get stuck.  It looks like the TG guys want to set up.
> > Here is the link for development:
> >
> > http://docs.turbogears.org/2.0/RoughDocs/DownloadInstall
> >
> > basically:
> > download mercurial
> > hg pylons
> > svn turbogears
> > python setup.py develop for various packages
> >
> > Then you might want to create a TG2 application using paster:
> > paster create -t Turbogears2 MyProject
> >
> > And run your application:
> > cd MyProject
> > paster serve development.ini
> >
> > go to localhost:8080 in your browser.  If you get this far, you are
> > probably ready to develop.
> >
> > Also the following svn repos are valuable if you plan to do anything
> with
> > toscawidgets:
> >
> > http://svn.turbogears.org/projects/ToscaWidgets/
> > http://svn.turbogears.org/projects/ToscaWidgetsForms/
> >
> > And here is a link to dbsprockets if you will be working with me:
> > http://dbsprockets.googlecode.com/svn/
> >

> > cheers.
> > -chris

Jim Baker