[FRPythoneers] Turbogears Sprint Jan 12/13

Christopher Perkins chris at percious.com
Fri Jan 4 12:20:31 MST 2008

Thanks to those of you who volunteered for the sprint.

It might be a good idea to get your own personal development environment
set up before the actual sprints.  It is a little bit involved, but I can
help you if you get stuck.  It looks like the TG guys want to set up.
Here is the link for development:

http://docs.turbogears.org/2.0/RoughDocs/DownloadInstall

basically:
download mercurial
hg pylons
svn turbogears
python setup.py develop for various packages

Then you might want to create a TG2 application using paster:
paster create -t Turbogears2 MyProject

And run your application:
cd MyProject
paster serve development.ini

go to localhost:8080 in your browser.  If you get this far, you are
probably ready to develop.

Also the following svn repos are valuable if you plan to do anything with
toscawidgets:

http://svn.turbogears.org/projects/ToscaWidgets/
http://svn.turbogears.org/projects/ToscaWidgetsForms/

And here is a link to dbsprockets if you will be working with me:
http://dbsprockets.googlecode.com/svn/

cheers.
-chris