[FRPythoneers] Sprint this Saturday? Web page updated.

Philip Cooper philip.cooper at openvest.com
Thu Jan 3 10:08:48 MST 2008

Jim Baker wrote:
> Neal,
>
> Thanks for doing this!

Ditto

> ... we're planning a sprint for the weekend
> of Jan 12-13 in the bivio offices. It will be on TurboGears,

Count me in

> This would be an excellent opportunity to learn the TG internals with
> your fellow sprinters!

I've worked both TG and pylons sites.  I can help with the TG-Identitiy
to pylons-authkit-beaker transition since I have my own code up and
running (including openid)

> I'm planning to work on TG2, specifically Genshi
> on Jython.

That would be cool.  Every time I've looked at a python module for
possible jython use, logging is the first missing piece.  Is there
already a dropin replacement e.g. a log4j wrapper or something?

> They say it's not possible, it's only for CPython ;). So we
> will see, but if we factor out the nonportable stuff,

Genshi will use a lot of iterators and streams.  Probably not worth
factoring out as these should be coming to jython (or is it in a branch?)

--
Phil