[FRPythoneers] Meeting tonight?

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Thu Feb 21 23:34:36 MST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 02:32:46PM -0700, Matt Boersma wrote:
> If you sign up at http://python.meetup.com/180/ you'll always be
> reminded of our monthly meetings.

Ok, I signed up, and am CCing this message to both mail lists.

Ahh - how classic for a creative python group - multiple frameworks
for the same underlying problem - wiki plus mailing list, or meetup.
Each with its own pros and cons.

But duplicating data - now that is an issue.  Where are the
refactoring folks out there?   :-)

I don't care a lot about which solution is used, or whether a
grand-unified automatic resyncing application is rolled out, but I
suggest picking one and sticking with it, and putting the other in
archival mode with clear redirects.  And basically being an "own your
own tools" wiki/mailman fan, I'm not very motivated to put the wiki
(and mailman list?) in archival mode myself :-/

I just see three previous messages in the online meetup archives -
does it keep more than that?

Neal McBurnett                 http://mcburnett.org/neal/