[FRPythoneers] Hello

Eric eric at noticings.com
Tue Aug 19 17:17:46 MDT 2008

Hello all,

I'm going to try to make the meetup tomorrow, but I still wanted to
introduce myself to the list in case I can't get there and for others who
won't be there.

My name is Eric and I, along with my wife, just moved to Boulder this past
Sunday.  I am an astronomer with the US Naval Observatory in Washington DC
(now teleworking :) in the Nautical Almanac Office (we make astronomical
and navigational publications).  When I started my job three years ago, no
one in the department had heard much about Python (everything is mainly
done in Fortran 77), but I was permitted to do my stuff with Python after
my supervisor was impressed when I showed him some PDFs created with
Reportlab.  Recently, I think I may have finally convinced him to even
start learning some Python himself. :) I also use Django quite a bit.

I'm very happy to be somewhere that has such an active Python group and I
look forward to the meetups.

Eric G. Barron