[FRPythoneers] MIT free software project visiting CO, wants new friends

Christina Xu kxu at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 19 11:28:28 MDT 2008

Hi Pythoneers!

I'm part of a team at MIT called extrACT that is working on developing open
source web- and phone-based tools for communities dealing with natural gas
extraction issues all around the country. We are planning a visit to
Colorado from August 25th - September 12th for field testing, and will be
traveling to Denver, Boulder, Durango, and Grand Junction to meet with
organizations interested in our software and do some beta-testing for what
we've completed so far. However, it's lonely on the road, and we want to
make new friends while we're out here. We would love to meet up with you
guys to talk more about our project, solicit feedback, or just hang out and
chew the fat with some people who don't give us funny looks for running
Ubuntu. Our tools are built entirely in Python (the web stuff is all in
Django), so we'd be happy to share any experiences we've had developing in
it.

Unfortunately, I don't think we are going to be around for any of your
regular meetups, but we will be in Boulder near the beginning and the end of
our trip. We're excited to meet with any or all of you over dinner (or any
other better meetup suggestions). If you're interested, please email us
back!

Thanks,
Christina (& Dan & Sara)