[FRPythoneers] Hello

Michael Kramlich groglogic at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 17:22:12 MDT 2008

Hey folks, I just joined the list and wanted to say hi and introduce
myself.

My name is Mike Kramlich and I just moved back from Chicago after
living there for 3 years (mostly working at Orbitz as a Senior
Engineer in Operations Architecture), and wanted to get in touch with
Python people out here. I grew up in Colorado so it's nice to be back.

I'm generally into Apple, open source and Unix-y stuff. And all
things Python. And I dabble in game design and amateur fiction
writing. I have a background doing C, C++ and Java (mostly) and feel
that Python strikes the best balance so far between all the tradeoffs
made in language design. I'm a bit of a language geek, but not too
hard-core, so I'm kind of admiring things like D, Erlang, Lisp,
Stackless and Jython, for various reasons. But right now Python is my
default "hammer" for getting things done.

Looking forward to my first meeting, looks like the September 17th one.

thanks,

Mike