[FRPythoneers] Aug -> Sep?

Matt Boersma matt at sprout.org
Tue Aug 12 08:59:09 MDT 2008

I propose we postpone next Wednesday's Python meetup until September
17, our next opportunity.  We haven't located a good spot in Denver to
meet yet, and don't have a presentation ready to go.  (I've dropped
the ball--anyone see where it went?)  August is typically the worst
attendance regardless, as the weather is still nice and students are
just getting settled.

If that's agreeable to the frpythoneers list, then I'll make the
changes at http://python.meetup.com/180/ and
http://wiki.python.org/moin/FrontRangePythoneers .  But please reply
either to me or on the list and let me know.

Further, I'd like feedback on some proposed topics for the next
meeting and beyond.  Let me know if any of these pique your interest
in particular:
- What's new in Python 2.6
- What's new in Python 3.0
- What's new in TurboGears 2.0
- What's new in Django 1.0
- Using numpy and matplotlib to visualize data
- Quick intro to Python (for developers)
- Creating a wxPython GUI

These are ideas you've mentioned in the past, plus the timeliness of
several major python and app releases coming in the next month.

Forward, Pythoneers!

Matt