[FRPythoneers] September meeting tomorrow: JB on Jython

Matt Boersma matt at sprout.org
Tue Sep 18 14:26:33 MDT 2007

This Wednesday, September 19, 6 p.m.:

Jim Baker will introduce his work on the Jython 2.5 compiler, an
implementation of Python 2.5 on the Java Virtual Machine (JVM). This
is part of a larger effort to revitalize the Jython community -
really, it's not dead! - and enable Jython to fully take advantage of
developments in both the Java and Python ecosystems. Jim will take us
in a brief tour of what it takes to build a compiler, as well as
describe his plunge into contributing to opensource and mentoring for
the Google Summer of Code.

Afterwards, we will have free food & drink & lively discussion as
usual.  We're meeting from 6-8 PM at bivio Software
(http://www.bivio.biz/), which is at 28th and Iris in Boulder, above
Hair Elite in Suite S. Please note, there are two hair salons at this
shopping center.
Google Maps link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2701+Iris+Ave.,+Boulder+CO&ie=UTF8&z=15&om=1&iwloc=A
And our calendar: