[FRPythoneers] Reminder: Pythoneers Monthly Meeting - Tomorrow (Wed, June 20) in Boulder

Jim Baker jbaker at zyasoft.com
Tue Jun 19 11:18:32 MDT 2007

A quick reminder: tomorrow (Wednesday, June 20), we have our monthly
meeting:

   -

   Steve Bethard will present on Python and Natural Language Processing:
   the computational semantics group at the University of Colorado at
   Boulder <http://cslr.colorado.edu/> is interested in improving machine
   understanding of text by moving past the basic word-level approaches used by
   most commercial applications these days. Whether they're teaching computers
   how to tell a person from an organization, how to decide what order a set of
   events occurred in, or how to convert a document into a complex semantic
   graph, Python plays a key role in the process. Steve will be discussing a
   number of the uses they've found for Python, including the handling of
   complex data formats, modularizing their natural language processing
   components, and the different types of feature extraction they perform when
   building machine learning models.
   -

   Lightning talks for  SciPy 2007 <http://www.scipy.org/SciPy2007>. Are
   you working on a project combining scientific computing and Python? Feel
   free to try out an idea for a talk at SciPy on on our group with a 5-10 min
   informal presentation! The SciPy conference is Aug 16-17 at CalTech, and the
   deadline for abstracts is June 29.

We will have free food & drink as usual.  We're meeting from 6-8 PM at bivio
Software <http://www.bivio.biz/>, which is at 28th and Iris in Boulder,
above Hair Elite in Suite S. Please note, there are two hair salons at this
shopping center. Google Maps
link<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2701+Iris+Ave.,+Boulder+CO&ie=UTF8&z=15&om=1&iwloc=A>.
And a calendar<http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=frpythoneers%2540gmail.com>
.

For our next meeting (July 18), we will be having presentations showcasing
web frameworks for Python. And we are planning to have a sprint or jam on
Saturday, August 4 around web frameworks. More details to come.

Hope to see you there tomorrow!
More details: http://wiki.python.org/moin/FrontRangePythoneers