[FRPythoneers] (Tangential) Boulder geo-unconference June 16

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Thu Jun 7 10:01:55 MDT 2007

Hi all,

Sean Gillies here. You may have met me at the April meeting. I'm using
Python to build a geographic information system to support study of the
classical world, and I'll be presenting about it at an upcoming event.

The Front Range Users of Geospatial Open Source is organizing a one-day
unconference event on June 16 in Boulder, Colorado (at Churchill
Navigation):

http://groups.google.com/group/geosummit/web/geosummit-2007

We've already got a great mix of industry leaders, programmers,
analysts, and scientists coming together to talk about topics like

* Web mapping APIs
* Spatial databases
* Climatological applications of Google Earth
* Applying the Atom Publishing Protocol to GIS

The event is not only for GIS industry types. We welcome anybody who's
innovating on any aspect of geography and location: environment,
transportation, geocoding, geocaching, you name it. Python is widely
used in both open source and proprietary GIS software, and will
certainly be a major theme at the GeoSummit.

I hope to see you there, and at a Pythoneer meeting this summer.

Cheers,