[FRPythoneers] Aug 4 Sprint?

Jim Baker jbaker at zyasoft.com
Wed Jul 25 15:07:32 MDT 2007

Neal, certainly feel free to sprint with us on Aug 4.

The sprint will be on Jython, as this seemed to be the consensus of the
meeting. I'll send out more details shortly, but we plan to work on the
following two parts:

   - Getting ipython to run on Jython (ideally the upcoming 2.2 release).
   Fernando Perez will be attending as a domain expert we can tap, although he
   plans to squash bugs in the CPython version.
   - Moving to 2.5, which includes among other things the new compiler
   work. We plan to have our Google Summer of Code students participate in the
   sprint remotely (I'm mentoring one student, Tobias Ivarsson), as well as
   some other key Jython developers.

- Jim

On 7/25/07, Neal McBurnett <neal at bcn.boulder.co.us> wrote:

> http://wiki.python.org/moin/FrontRangePythoneers
>
> > Sprint: August 4, 2007
> > TBD. But likely to be on a web framework.
>
> I haven't yet made it to a meeting, but I'm looking forward to this
> sprint.
>
> Has it been firmed up?
>
> Neal McBurnett                 http://mcburnett.org/neal/

Jim Baker