[FRPythoneers] Pythoneers Monthly Meeting - Wednesday, July 18 in Boulder

Jim Baker jbaker at zyasoft.com
Mon Jul 16 15:06:23 MDT 2007

This Wednesday, July 18 we will have presentations on three of the leading
web frameworks for Python:

   - Ian Kelly on Django. In addition to first introducing Django, and
   how to do real work with it, he will also give us insight into contributing
   to an opensource project. Ian was the lead contributor to the Oracle backend
   for Django, and in his talk he will lead us through the process of having
   the BoulderOracle branch of Django committed to the trunk. This work on the
   Oracle backend commenced wtih our November 4
sprint<http://wiki.python.org/moin/BoulderSprint>
   .

   - Matt Boersma on TurboGears and Pylons. The next version of
   TurboGears, 2.0, is expected to build on
Pylons<http://compoundthinking.com/blog/index.php/2007/06/27/turbogears-11-and-beyond/>
   .

Expect to hear from experienced practitioners discuss the pros and cons of
these frameworks. Whether you're considering adoption, would like to hear of
best practice, or would like to rant about what doesn't work ;), these
should be a great set of talks.

We will have free food & drink as usual.  We're meeting from 6-8 PM at bivio
Software <http://www.bivio.biz/>, which is at 28th and Iris in Boulder,
above Hair Elite in Suite S. Please note, there are two hair salons at this
shopping center. Google Maps
link<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2701+Iris+Ave.,+Boulder+CO&ie=UTF8&z=15&om=1&iwloc=A>.
And a calendar<http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=frpythoneers%2540gmail.com>
.

Upcoming events:

   - Sprint on Saturday, August 4. Possible sprint topics include web
   frameworks or perhaps the new 2.5 Jython compiler work. To be
   discussed this Wednesday.
   - SciPy 2007 <http://www.scipy.org/SciPy2007>, Aug 14-18 at Caltech in
   Pasadena, CA.
   - Our August Pythoneers meeting will be one week later, August 22, due
   to the conflict with SciPy 2007.

Hope to see you there Wednesday!
More details: http://wiki.python.org/moin/FrontRangePythoneers

--