[FRPythoneers] Reminder: Pythoneers Monthly Meeting - Tonight, January 17

Steven H. Rogers steve at shrogers.com
Tue Jan 23 06:56:52 MST 2007

Fernando Perez wrote:

> The ipython sprint is something we (Brian and I) would certainly love
> to lead.  My /personal/ opinion is that waiting for the month after
> might work a little better.  Right now we've just committed some
> pieces of low-level infrastructure that will make external
> contributions easier, but there's a few more of those needed.  I think
> that if we wait a few more weeks (with Pycon around, March 3 sounds a
> bit tight for me), we'll have a project where it will be much easier
> for new developers to come in, feel like the foundations are
> reasonably in place and they can contribute productively.
>
> so if you have no objections, I'd propose the ipython sprint for
> April.  At that point, we'd be happy to lead it, propose ideas on our
> wiki, etc.  And we'll make sure that  by then, things are in place in
> the code to make the sprint both fun and productive for everyone
> involved.

Works for me.  I've been poking around the IPython site and lurking on the
mailing lists.  I've played a bit with Twisted, but hadn't really looked at
Decorators.  The name may have misled me, but they didn't seem important
until I heard Brian's comment about how useful he found them.  This prompted
me to take a closer look and I realized that they're essentially Heaviside
operators.  That insight was worth attending the meeting.

Regards,
Steve
Steven H. Rogers, Ph.D., steve at shrogers.com
Weblog: http://shrogers.com/weblog
"He who refuses to do arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense."
-- John McCarthy