[FRPythoneers] Boulder Sprint - Jython - Saturday, January 6, 2006

Jim Baker jbaker at zyasoft.com
Wed Jan 3 11:22:38 MST 2007

This Saturday, January 6th, the Front Range Pythoneers is holding a
sprint on Jython. Due to the blizzard during our last scheduled meeting
(December 19), we were unable to complete our planning for this sprint
then. So let's do that over this email list and the wiki
<http://wiki.python.org/moin/JythonSprint> instead over the next few days.

Why might you want to attend? Jython is a juicy project that's very much
actively used, there are interesting technical challenges, and in this
one, we see substantial org challenges to overcome as well. This is in
part because a former key contributor, Samuele Pedroni, has been
focusing on PyPy
<http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=10429280> for the
last two years.

Here are the details:

    * Date/time. January 6, 2007 (Saturday), 9 AM - 6 PM
    * Location. bivio Software, Inc. <http://www.bivio.biz>, 28th and
      Iris. Above Hair Elite in Suite S. Google Maps link
      <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2701+Iris+Ave.,+Boulder+CO&ie=UTF8&z=15&om=1&iwloc=A>

    * Homework. If you plan to participate in the sprints, please try to
      get your development environment set up ahead of time so we can
      make the best use of the time we code or design together. Start
      here: http://wiki.python.org/jython/JythonDeveloperGuide. (This is
      an easy setup if you have any sort of Java dev environment set up,
      including ant.)

- Jim