[FRPythoneers] Pythoneers Monthly Meeting - This Wednesday, February 21

Jim Baker jbaker at zyasoft.com
Fri Feb 16 13:03:21 MST 2007

This coming Wednesday (February 21) we are having our monthly meeting for
the Front Range Pythoneers. Come join a lively discussion of Python demos,
features, tips & techniques, and directions, both for fun and professional
development.

Here are the meeting specifics:

   - *Status*: *Always on *(excepting major blizzards and other
   calamities!)
    - *Date/time*: Every 3rd Wednesday, 6-8 PM
    - *Location*: bivio Software, Inc. <http://www.bivio.biz/>, 28th and
   Iris. Above Hair Elite in Suite S. Google Maps
link<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2701+Iris+Ave.,+Boulder+CO&ie=UTF8&z=15&om=1&iwloc=A>.
   There is abundant parking.

We have a line up of PyCon talks. Our presenters will have a chance to
practice on you, while giving you a sneak peek of what will happen in Dallas
next weekend:

   - Fernando Perez will present his joint talk with Brian Granger,
   "IPython: Getting the most out of working interactively in Python":
   IPython <http://ipython.scipy.org> (if you do not know it yet) is an
   enhanced interactive shell for Python. It provides a large number of
   features not found in the default shell that make interactive work in Python
   more seamless and convenient.
   - Jim Baker will present "Iterators in Action": Using iterators well
   can make your code lean and your programming fun. We will distill current
   best practice by investigating some (mostly) useful examples of iterators in
   action. Expect to see a focus on itertools and recipes from the cookbook.
   This is the talk that Kip Lehman dreads... ;)

Other items to talk about:

   - BoulderSprint <http://wiki.python.org/moin/BoulderSprint>. We had a
   great JythonSprint <http://wiki.python.org/moin/JythonSprint>,
   focusing on getting IPython to work on it. Next sprint will be in April,
   also on IPython. Wait a second, what's up with IPython?
   - Google Summer of Code <http://code.google.com/soc/>. One of our
   missions is to mentor Pythoneers. Does it make sense to add a local
   component to GSoC 2007?

We will have food & drink available as usual. Hope to see you there!

More info: http://wiki.python.org/moin/FrontRangePythoneers

--
Jim Baker
jbaker at bivio.biz