[FRPythoneers] First report on ZSI / SOAP

Andrew Diederich andrewdied at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 17:18:38 MDT 2007

I've finally been able to install ZSI 2.0 (latest) on windows with
python 2.4, cygwin, and mingw32. Install notes:

1. Install cygwin with fair defaults, put a lot of development/gcc
pieces in.  I don't know what is fully required, so I put everything
in that looked like C / C++.

2. I needed to install mingw32 from the instructions at
http://livingpyxml.python-hosting.com/wiki/AmaraWindowsInstallTips.

3. PyXML wouldn't install so it could be recognized until I used
easy_install: easy_install -D -Uf
"http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=6473&package_id=6541&rel
ease_id=286213" PyXML

4. ZSI then installed with "python setup.py install".

PyXML seems hopeless with Python 2.5, at least on Windows. On 2.4 I
was able to generate some python code from a wsdl, which is a good
start. I haven't found out if it _works_ yet, but that's a task for
another day.

--
Best regards,
 Andrew Diederich