[FRPythoneers] Preferred SOAP libraries?

Andrew Diederich andrewdied at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 16:48:38 MDT 2007

On Saturday, April 7, 2007, 11:30:26 AM, gweakliem at oddpost.com wrote:

<snip>

> Of course none of this actually answers the question - what's a
> good SOAP stack for Python?  Or maybe it does - there really isn't a
> good SOAP stack, certainly not if you want to do Doc/Lit, which is
> the default for the .NET and Axis implementations.

I'm starting to wonder if I should look at Iron Python's SOAP, if it
has one, since most of our servers are windows based.  Compiling PyXML
under cygwin is turning into a bear -- gcc isn't even finding io.h.  I
realize that it isn't a pure SOAP/ZSI problem, but requiring
components that are abandoned makes a tool much harder to use.

--
Best regards,
 Andrew Diederich