[FRPythoneers] Preferred SOAP libraries?

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Mon Apr 2 21:41:08 MDT 2007

Web Services (i.e. SOAP 1.2, WS-*) are all the rage in the corporate
world.  IBM, Sun and MSFT are pushing this hard.  I think they invented
SOAP for brainwashing software architects.  Personally, I find Python's
CORBA bindings much more useful for distributed applications.  Try to
get a C++ or Java programmer excited about writing a CORBA client
though...  The C++ bindings are horrible.  (Sorry, exiting rant mode now.)

In any event, Python developers might find SOAP more palatable if it
weren't for the fact that every SOAP solution available is about 3 years
behind everyone else.  Most SOAP implementations focus on the server
side while, in fact, most users of Python have need for robust client
side tools.

None of the tools offer a robust solution.