[FRPythoneers] Boulder Sprint - Complete Oracle Support for Django - Saturday, Nov 4

Jim Baker jbaker at zyasoft.com
Mon Oct 30 14:30:26 MST 2006

This Saturday, the Front Range Pythoneers is holding a sprint to
complete the support for Oracle in Django.

Why might you want to attend? Whether you're interested in Django,
portable object-relational mapping code, how to optimize an Oracle
execution plan for generated SQL, or just doing some intensive coding in
Python, this should be a great opportunity to learn and contribute.

Here are the details:

      Date/time

    *

      November 4, 2006 (Saturday), 9 AM - 6 PM

      Location

bivio Software, Inc. <http://www.bivio.biz>, 28th and Iris. Above Hair
Elite in Suite S. Google Maps link
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=2701+Iris+Ave.,+Boulder+CO&ie=UTF8&z=15&om=1&iwloc=A>

Thanks to Alex Viggio, Eric Dobbs, and Rob Nagler of bivio for
generously providing us this sprint space.

      Projects

Complete support for Oracle in Django in time for 1.0. Suggested by Matt
Boersma.

Specifically, we would like to build on the good work already done by
the Django community to produce a single patch that can be applied to
current subversion sources, enabling Django's ORM to pass basic tests
against an Oracle database. The current patches available have
Oracle-specific conditional tests in many locations; we will try to
confine such code to the django.db.backends.oracle package.