[FRPythoneers] PyCon 2007 -- who submitted a talk proposal?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 12:14:54 MST 2006

Matt Boersma wrote:
> I submitted mine at the last minute, called "Write Less Code with XRC
> for wxPython."  It's an intermediate-level intro to the XML-based
> resource system in the wxPython GUI toolkit.  It's a pretty mundane
> topic, but my coworkers all encouraged it, and last year lacked
> wxPython talks.
>
> Apparently our chances of having a talk accepted are roughly 50% this year:
> http://pycon.blogspot.com/2006/11/proposal-submission-closes.html
> They received 102 proposals, compared to last year's 71.
>
> Who else on this list submitted a talk or tutorial proposal?

A colleague and I submitted two about ipython (http://ipython.scipy.org), at
the request of the organizers.  I can't make it to PyCon, but I'll help Brian
with the preparation and he'll present both.

One will be a generic one on ipython, the other on its features for
interactive distributed and parallel work.

Cheers,