[FRPythoneers] Quantum Computing - Programming the Universe reading tonight

Jim Baker jbaker at zyasoft.com
Tue Mar 28 11:03:07 MST 2006

I have a feeling that many Pythoneers are interested in topics like
quantum computing, so I'm taking the liberty of posting this
announcement here:

*Place: *Boulder Bookstore
*Time: *Tuesday, March 28, 2006 7:30 PM
*Title of Event: *SETH LLOYD

SETH LLOYD, a professor at MIT, works in the vanguard of research in
quantum computing -- using the quantum mechanical properties of atoms as
a computer. In "Programming the Universe" (Knopf, $25.95) he contends
that the universe itself is one giant quantum computer producing what we
see around us, and ourselves, as it runs a cosmic program. According to
Lloyd, the more we understand the laws of physics, the more we will be
able to use small-scale quantum computing to understand the universe.

(I have absolutely no affiliation with the bookstore, other than being a
regular browser!)

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

- Jim