[FRPythoneers] Re: FRPythoneers Digest, Vol 18, Issue 2

John M jmul.py at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 09:49:01 MST 2006

I'd like to throw an idea out there to see what everyone thinks.

If any presentation will be given using a laptop/projector, could we get
that person to use something like Camtasia?  I don't know if anyone has the
bandwidth to make the video available for download but I'd be willing to pay
the cost of a cd-r (or dvd-r depending on the size of the file) as well as
shipping.

I live in Alamosa and can't really make it to the meetings. I'm carrying 15
credits in school as well as working 40-45 hours a week.

I've been given permission to learn Python while clocked in because I have a
few ideas where I believe python could help us cut down on overtime and some
of the paper-work pushing that goes on.

Now I know Camtasia costs around $300 and it only runs on Windows but does
anyone know of any public domain or GNU app that does pretty much the same
thing that might run on other platforms?

I know some good information will be discussed at the meetings and I'd like
to be in on it....so to speak.  If it's not possible, at least I tried.  =)

John