[FRPythoneers] Pythoneers Meeting Ideas

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Thu Mar 16 11:55:52 MST 2006

I'd like to come but Tuesdays we have Hacking Society in Fort Collins (yes,
every Tuesday but the 2nd Tuesday).

Is a different night possible at this stage?

Sprints would be wonderful.

Evelyn

* On 2006-03-16 11:33 Jim Baker <jbaker at zyasoft.com> wrote:
> At last month's PyCon, I talked with a number of you about jump starting
> our local Python users' group. So I have volunteered to coordinate! Now
> that I have recovered from my spate of conferences - I went to ETech too
> - I want to follow through on that promise.
>
> Some ideas:
>
>    * Let's plan on a regular monthly meeting on a recurring basis, like
>      every fourth Tuesday of the month, 6-8 pm, at an accommodating
>      restaurant, pub, or cafe. So this could be next March 21 if this
>      works for everyone.
>    * Each meeting can have a theme. This could be web frameworks, async
>      network programming, code snippets we should contribute to the
>      cookbook, memcached, scientific programming, iterator algebra,
>      anyone? (OK, I like iterators, as many of you know!)
>
> So here's what we need to do:
>
>    * Decide on a time and a place like Boulder. Everyone I know on this
>      list is either in Boulder or is north, like in Loveland or Fort
>      Collins. Speak up Colorado Springs and Denver residents!
>    * What is an appropriate frequency? What should we talk about?
>      Should we do an occasional sprint?
>

> I'm sure I'm missing something. I'll rely on our group intelligence to
> fill that in.
>
> - Jim

This email is: [ ] actionable [x] fyi [ ] social
Response needed: [ ] yes [x] up to you [ ] no
Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [x] soon [ ] none

                            http://www.tummy.com/