[FRPythoneers] Pythoneers Meeting Ideas

Jim Baker jbaker at zyasoft.com
Thu Mar 16 11:05:36 MST 2006

At last month's PyCon, I talked with a number of you about jump starting
our local Python users' group. So I have volunteered to coordinate! Now
that I have recovered from my spate of conferences - I went to ETech too
- I want to follow through on that promise.

Some ideas:

    * Let's plan on a regular monthly meeting on a recurring basis, like
      every fourth Tuesday of the month, 6-8 pm, at an accommodating
      restaurant, pub, or cafe. So this could be next March 21 if this
      works for everyone.
    * Each meeting can have a theme. This could be web frameworks, async
      network programming, code snippets we should contribute to the
      cookbook, memcached, scientific programming, iterator algebra,
      anyone? (OK, I like iterators, as many of you know!)

So here's what we need to do:

    * Decide on a time and a place like Boulder. Everyone I know on this
      list is either in Boulder or is north, like in Loveland or Fort
      Collins. Speak up Colorado Springs and Denver residents!
    * What is an appropriate frequency? What should we talk about?
      Should we do an occasional sprint?

I'm sure I'm missing something. I'll rely on our group intelligence to
fill that in.

- Jim