[FRPythoneers] Packages for HTML generation

Andrew Diederich andrewdied at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 09:33:50 MDT 2006

What packages do people use to generate HTML in python?  I have a web
application written with jsp, and I'm testing out some implementation
pieces with python.  For starters, though, I was thinking of trying
out a page or three with something like HTMLgen
(http://87.106.17.236/crew/friedrich/HTMLgen/html/main.html), which is
at outlined in Programming Python by O'Reilly.

I was a bit surprised that I couldn't find a package like that in the
core python distribution, but adding packages isn't that big a deal.
I've also found markup (http://markup.sourceforge.net/), which looks
new, and XIST (http://www.livinglogic.de/Python/xist/).

I'm starting off with just a single web page, maybe drag in a .css
sheet, and pass some parameters to an ODBC call to a stored procedure,
then display the results.  Nothing too incredibly fancy.

Does anyone have a package they've really liked?  Or do you just roll your own?

--
Andrew Diederich