[FRPythoneers] Packages for HTML generation

Andrew Diederich andrewdied at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 14:56:12 MDT 2006

On 7/18/06, Matt Gushee <mgushee at havenrock.com> wrote:
> I can't believe nobody has responded to this. And I'm probably the worst
> person to answer, since I only occasionally use Python these days, and
> only occasionally check my Pythoneers mail.
>
> Nonetheless, here are some ideas, in case you're still looking:

<snip>

Thanks for the response.  It wound up I was really looking for two
things. 1) writing out single HTML pages, and 2) a web app framework.
I used HTMLgen for the first, since I could find it and it, well,
writes out HTML.  If I had to do it again I may use Sean's program --
it looks really straightforward.

For the second I may wind up using Django since it supports
connections to MS SQL databases through ADO natively.  The rest of the
MVC-ish web frameworks didn't seem to support either ODBC or ADO.

Thanks for the help.

--
Andrew Diederich